Chattahoochee Hills

Provides serene privacy and fosters good-natured, close-knit relationships between neighbors.

Welcome to Chattahoochee Hills

Serene hillside retreat offering total tranquility

Situated southwest of Atlanta is Chattahoochee Hills, a sparsely populated area in Fulton County with under 3,500 permanent residents in an area of approximately 40,000 acres. This environment provides serene privacy and fosters good-natured, close-knit relationships between neighbors. Sustainable living is one of the founding principles in Chattahoochee Hills, and land preservation is imperative in this community to conserve the bountiful nature that gives the neighborhood its organic charm. Since Chattahoochee Hills is only 35 minutes from the heart of Atlanta, residents are close enough to enjoy a weekend getaway in the city, but there’s plenty to enjoy right here at home. Houses in Chattahoochee Hills are often quaint, farmhouse chic abodes and traditional homesteads. You’ll find a surplus of sprawling front porches perfect for enjoying the scenery as well as an abundance of mature trees. And you'll see many of those trees forever, as Chattahoochee Hills' unique zoning requires that 70% of the town is permanently preserved as forest, farm, and field, and allows only mized-use walkable village and hamlet-style development. The confluence of nature, culture, and community is Chattahoochee Hills' touchstone, beautifully actualized in its first development - Serenbe.

What to Love 

  • Hillside vistas
  • Optimal quietude
  • Sustainable lifestyle
  • Atlanta’s nearby amenities
  • Farm-fresh local produce

People & Lifestyle 

The stunning natural beauty of Chattahoochee Hills remains largely protected by zoning restrictions put in place to preserve the natural landscape. The area allows for 30% of land to be utilized for development, including residential neighborhoods and local amenities such as groceries, salons, medical offices, and other urban conveniences, while the remaining 70% is conserved green space. By doing this, Chattahoochee Hills remains a quiet, peaceful retreat from city-living with clean air, breathtaking scenic vistas, and abundant greenery that appeals to residents from all walks of life. Sustainable living is the norm in the area, and living here encourages a thoughtful relationship with nature.

Dining, Entertainment & Shopping 

Chattahoochee Hills is home to a laid-back, locally focused selection of organic food shops and boutiques. Serenbe Farms is a certified organic farm with a community-supported agriculture program that produces beautiful fresh produce. Each week, a pop-up farm stand opens on Friday afternoons to make fresh vegetables readily available, while the farmers’ market is open weekly on Saturday mornings. Another local organic establishment is the Rodale Institute Southeast Organic Center. Their mission to increase organic food production doubles as they operate a research and educational facility on-site to spread both good food and knowledge to the state of Georgia. Chatt Hills Food Shop is a culinary-focused garden devoted to cultivating the finest ingredients for a sustainable lifestyle, and owner and creator Chef Brian Moll’s passion for both food and community shines through this local grocery.

Things to Do 

Quiet, demure Chattahoochee Hills still offers plenty of ways to fill your days, whether you’re hiking the hillside trails or picking fresh blueberries at Wild Fern Ranch. Sprawled across 50 acres, this bucolic expanse of the countryside has horses, livestock, and, of course, an abundance of brilliant blueberries ripe for the picking. At Cochran Mill Park, enjoy almost 30 miles of winding hiking and biking trails that lead to breathtaking waterfalls, or traverse the Chattahoochee Hills on horseback. The community comes together for various mountain biking excursions and challenging yet enjoyable trails, such as the 6-mile Red Trail. For an upscale event, consider Cherry Hollow Farm. This dazzling event venue is perfect for weddings and corporate retreats.


Chattahoochee Hills offers students a plethora of academic opportunities that foster a lifelong love of learning and encourage intellectual growth. A few of the most notable nearby educational facilities include:

  • Acton Academy School, K-8
  • Chattahoochee Hills Charter School, K-8

Work With Us

Team Reed provides a home buying experience with unwavering professionalism, elite market knowledge, and ultra-personalized service.